The Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator course explores how to design, implement, and operate an organization’s identity and access management systems by using Azure AD. Learn to manage tasks such as providing secure authentication and authorization access to enterprise applications. You will also learn to provide seamless experiences and self-service management capabilities for all users. Finally, learn to create adaptive access and governance of your identity and access management solutions ensuring you can troubleshoot, monitor, and report on your environment. The Identity and Access Administrator may be a single individual or a member of a larger team. Learn how this role collaborates with many other roles in the organization to drive strategic identity projects. The end goal is to provide you knowledge to modernize identity solutions, to implement hybrid identity solutions, and to implement identity governance.
Before attending this course, students should have understanding of:
- Security best practices and industry security requirements such as defense in depth, least privileged access, shared responsibility, and zero trust model.
- Be familiar with identity concepts such as authentication, authorization, and active directory.
- Have some experience deploying Azure workloads. This course does not cover the basics of Azure administration, instead the course content builds on that knowledge by adding security specific information.
- Some experience with Windows and Linux operating systems and scripting languages is helpful but not required. Course labs may use PowerShell and the CLI.
Prerequisite courses (or equivalent knowledge and hands-on experience):
- SC-900T00 – Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals
- AZ-104T00 – Microsoft Azure Administrator
- Explore identity and Azure AD
- Implement initial configuration of Azure Active Directory
- Create, configure, and manage identities
- Implement and manage external identities
- Implement and manage hybrid identity
- Secure Azure Active Directory users with Multi-Factor Authentication
- Manage user authentication
- Plan, implement, and administer Conditional Access
- Manage Azure AD Identity Protection
- Implement access management for Azure resources
- Plan and design the integration of enterprise apps for SSO
- Implement and monitor the integration of enterprise apps for SSO
- Implement app registration
- Plan and implement entitlement management
- Plan, implement, and manage access review
- Plan and implement privileged access
- Monitor and maintain Azure Active Directory