Learn how to protect information in your Microsoft 365 deployment. This course focuses on data governance and information protection within your organization. The course covers implementation of data loss prevention policies, sensitive information types, sensitivity labels, data retention policies and Microsoft Purview message encryption among other related topics. The course helps learners prepare for the Microsoft Information Protection Administrator exam (SC-400).
Before attending this course, students should have:
- Foundational knowledge of Microsoft security and compliance technologies.
- Basic knowledge of information protection concepts.
- Understanding of cloud computing concepts.
- Understanding of Microsoft 365 products and services.
- Introduction to information protection and data lifecycle management in Microsoft Purview
- Prevent data loss
- Classify data for protection and governance
- Create and manage sensitive information types
- Understand Microsoft 365 encryption
- Deploy Microsoft Purview Message Encryption
- Protect information in Microsoft Purview
- Apply and manage sensitivity labels
- Prevent data loss in Microsoft Purview
- Configure DLP policies for Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps and Power Platform
- Manage data loss prevention policies and reports in Microsoft 365
- Manage the data lifecycle in Microsoft Purview
- Manage data retention in Microsoft 365 workloads
- Manage records in Microsoft Purview