This course provides an in-depth study of Sophos Central, designed for experienced technical professionals who will be planning, installing, configuring and supporting deployments in production environments.
The course is available either online via the Partner Portal, or as an instructor-led classroom course. Please contact your CAM or CAE to find out more about the availability of classroom courses in your region.
It consists of presentations and practical lab exercises to reinforce the taught content, and electronic copies of the supporting documents for the course will be provided to each trainee through the online portal.
The course is expected to take 3 days (24 hours) to complete, of which approximately 9 hours will be spent on the practical exercises.
On completion of this course, trainees will be able to:
- Design an installation considering all variables
- Undertake a multi-site installation appropriate for a customer environment
- Explain the function of core components, how they work, and how to configure them
- Track the source of infections and cleanup infected devices
- Perform preliminary troubleshooting and basic support of customer environments
Prior to taking this training you should:
- Have completed and passed the Sophos Central Endpoint and Server Protection – Certified Engineer course
- We recommend students have the following knowledge and experience:
- Experience with Windows networking and the ability to troubleshoot issues
- A good understanding of IT security
- Experience using the Linux command line for common tasks
- Experience configuring Active Directory Group Policies
- Experience creating and managing virtual servers or desktops